Our friend Bill Sykes, (you may know him as the Wings Over Wine Country Ambassador for the Wildlife Center of VA) has now taken the initiative to help fund raise for The Wounded Warrior Project as well. This is a little out of my normal realm but I’m passionate about our Veterans and supporting this charity. Bill, a Navy veteran as is my husband, combines his hobby of making model airplanes (the kind you can really fly but shouldn’t because they’re just too darn beautiful to crash) and his support for the military to help create a fun event benefitting those who’ve served our country! This event should prove to be not only fun but an opportunity to eat great food and win some generous raffle prizes! Wonder if any wine is raffled?
Model Aviation Celebration Fly-in
On August 17th, 2013, join the pilots of the Fluvanna County Radio Control Flying Club (FCRCFC) as we celebrate National Model Aviation Day and raise funds for the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP). The club field is located at 11176 West River Road, immediately north of the Fluvanna County Landfill.
- 9 AM to 4 PM with flying all day – big planes, small planes, scale planes and awesome aerobatic demonstrations! Come help us celebrate and “Get the Bug” for model aviation J
- Pilots’ Landing Fees of $10 will be donated to the WWP
- Guests admitted free with lunch (sandwich, side, and drink) provided by Two J’s Smokehouse in return for donation to the WWP. Please donate generously!
- Additional food/drinks available for purchase
- Raffle with GREAT PRIZES donated by local businesses and 100% of raffle proceeds donated to the WWP. Drawing at 2:30 PM
Grab a lawn chair and some sunscreen and come on out to the field to catch some great flying, learn about model aviation, and help raise money to support the Wounded Warrior Project! Hope to see you there!